December 23, 2009

AHERN SHOOTS FOR TYRANNY, GAINS INSTANT FOLLOWING! BERTILSON PONDERS STUFF.

We were awed, mildly joyous, fairly perplexed, and slightly confused earlier today to find this video uploaded and posted on Islas. We hoped Mr. Bertilson could clear things up for us later. Somehow, his contemplative mood, that day, made us doubt it.


What does it mean? Should we follow him whom we wished for? Should we give Mr. Ahern a chance at a glorious encore? Should we allow his funny, sometimes insulting rule to torture and amuse us a year more? Mr. Bertilson turned thought to word, and informed us of his views.

"I have to say, earlier today, when I watched Mr. Ahern's video, I wasn't horribly impressed or joyous. To be truthful, I was somewhat wary. I have yet to completely justify such reservations, but I have a few reasons, so far. First, a term might tentatively be attributed to him: lame duck. This doesn't quite mean the same as it would for a US president, but I believe Mr. Ahern's thunder was somewhat stolen both by how late he showed himself as a candidate, nay, a potential dictator. He marred the potential effect of his attempts by the way he presented himself. I could only jokingly say this had anything to do with Mr. Ahern's falters in the above video.

"Mr. Ahern has been our first president, and the one we most long after proceeding our second (and likely worst) election of all time. However, he comes back for a second term after all the other campaigns have maligned each other, turned some away, and, as recently happened, determined the winner. Why did he do this? Earlier this year, perhaps last year, Mr. Ahern said, himself, that he was not going to run. Why would he do that? Would he have run had he thought he had enough time? I suggest, as tentatively as one entirely unsure would, that he did it to prove to us that we did not need a president, or one like a president. Could this be why he finally showed his head as a potential future ruler? I am no more sure of this than anyone else, but I suggest it as a possibility.

"I have to admit, the greatest reason for my not ardently and immediately accepting Mr. Ahern's proposition was that I wished to have the same place.

"However, because my main complaint against him is one of jealousy and not reason, I think I am obligated to either continue active support of the Republic, or throw my weight behind Mr. Ahern's efforts. His charisma and sense of humor are enough for the next year. After that, perhaps, we can see what else can be done. John can't always be there for us."


!Noah!

1 comment:

A. Bertilson said...

It is to be noted that Mr Ahern means to join in the election- he's just setting himself up.

This was meant to be done long before now. Note how he mentioned months ago (or a month ago) that he would announce his endorsement on December 23.

Well, he did it! And some people are avidly for him!