February 15, 2009

A Poem

I just decided, out of the blue, though there isn't much at this time, to post this poem I composed a few days ago. I was intending to write it to act it out in my acting class, but there's a bit...hem, a bit...more likelihood that I'll do something like the Illustrious Jabberwocky. Anywho, here you go:

The Garg and the Squeak

By N. B. Bertilson


The Garg, once a monster was named,
whose body was foul, his visage vile,
who, though quite ashamed,
was joyous all the while.

The Squeak, another case entirely,
was beauty and handsomeness undefiled,
though heart and soul black as pitchly,
had beauty unbound all the while.

The Squeak, it must be known,
was afraid of all, but his own shadow,
coward he was, but backbone he'd grown,
yellow bellied though he'd been endowed

The Garg and the Squeak, one find day,
bumpt into each other, more lit'rally than many,
and unresolved their quarrel lay,
until they gathered one day, end the quabblry.

They engaged in battle, with clash, with bash,
and none could 'merge, the victor,
then, warning unwrought, the Garg flailed with mighty arm,
the Squeak, into a burlap sack, claiming the vict'ry.

With foul visage, the Garg, the victor,
left the field of battle, beaming.


My attempts to make this thing rhyme came near to naught.
If you think otherwise, remove my face, distraught.

I've come away from reading this poem the second time thinking I may have written something worth being burned, as opposed to crumpled up and thrown in a lowly trash bin. If you violently concur or vehemently disagree, the commenty thingy is open as ever.


!Noah!

No comments: