February 26, 2015

Ghosts, Beer, and Friends

Today was mostly fun toward the end. (Anyone else see a trend here? Maybe I should stop writing and get up early tomorrow and see if I can have twice as much fun in the same time...)


A few friends of Hung and I went out on the town, as they say, and I had my first beer. Spoiler, I still don't really like any alcoholic drink I've ever tasted. The Magners was ok, as it tasted like more than alcohol and soda, but the Corona extra just didn't really float my boat. Anyway, that happened.

Much more enjoyable were the things we did; we first took a taxi into town (which was much cheaper than I anticipated; 80,000 dong for a ~5 km ride) and walked around a while. The girls checked out clothes in a number of shops along the way, and I eventually got Linhh to pose for a few shots. Not necessarily glamour shots, but she looked lovely anyway.


Not Particularly Impressed Mad Scientist
We sat down and ate some food, I shared a bit of music, and they talked a lot. It's now been mentioned at least three times that I look like Abraham Lincoln, but looking at portraits, I'm pretty sure he had a better trimmed beard than I do. Also, my hair isn't much like him. Somehow, even shown the picture of me from my last post, the first thing that came to Hằng's mind was still Abraham Lincoln. I'll take it.

Finally, we visited a bar and I had my first beer. I wasn't impressed with either the Corona Extra, or the Magners somethingorother cider. I'll have to try some crazy craft brew or something when I get back home just to make sure I never want to taste alcohol again.

We also played pool. Or billiards. I'm honestly not sure which. Regardless, this shot was taken by Hung. He offered to shoot a bit while I was playing.

All told, good night, would do again. Hopefully I'll get up early tomorrow for 1. The sunrise and 2. A photo op with the ladies.

Good evening. Bwahahahaha.


!Noah!

1 comment:

Gabriel Bertilson said...

Yeah, you need to have some beer expert give you a recommendation on what beer you'd like, based on the drinks you already prefer. Don't know about either question.