February 03, 2015

Chick Fil-A, the TSA, and a dank day

So I got to the airport, chose to say goodbye to Mommy and she went on her way. I found my way to the TSA line, and it surprised me how quickly I got through; I expected to be screened blind, deaf, and dumb, but the TSA is apparently pretty OK these days. I got in and out easily within thirty minutes, far less if I exclude the time in line. Perhaps it's easier as a carry-on-only passenger, but whatever.

I got through, and found out then how large the MSP airport is; it took me five or ten minutes to walk to my concourse, at which point I found the nearest appealing restaurant and used the customer service restitutive coupon things we got for the trouble we had yesterday to purchase some breakfast. I intend to eat lunch in Houston, where I'll have about two and a half hours to get myself on a Singapore Airlines flight to Moscow, Singapore, and then finally on a third flight from Singapore to Hanoi (at least that's how I understand it at this point).

I write this looking out on a cloudy day on the tarmac, the occasional truck or airplane passing by in my view. It's kind of peaceful.

I am alone. I am hopeful.


!Noah!

No comments: