February 11, 2015

Day Two (part two) in Paradise

I woke up this morning even earlier than the last couple days. Why? I fell asleep very early yesterday from exhaustion, being that I'd biked a ton, climbed several hundred stairs, and then biked said ton back to where I came from. I ate yesterday afternoon at the Bamboo Restaurant, and the same today. I should start with some bits of yesterday which didn't make it into the previous post as they happened after I descended the mountain.

There were various sights to see as I went down, one of which was a tree with colorful leaves; I managed to take this shot of one of the branches against the mountain's outline in the background.


I was busy taking photos of a flower near the ground when a Vietnamese family came by and started observing me, talking among themselves. There was a father, mother, and then either a sister and brother, or daughter and boyfriend. This is my best guess.

At this point the father managed to make me understand that I he wished me to take a photo of his daughter.


She sort of posed for the last two shots, and when she saw the shots, she was giggling and embarrassed beyond words as she walked away with her family. I greatly appreciate her father's initiative, as I wouldn't have gotten these photos without it.

I was coming home between the rice paddies, as you've probably heard before, when I came upon a strange sight; a bike/trike/pickup stuck in the mud. About eight men were loudly discussing the issue in Vietnamese when I came by, and they eventually found a chain and hooked said vehicle up to a nearby excavator, which proceeded to pull it out of the mud. Unfortunately I left my paracord in the room, which would probably have done the job at least as well as the chain they were able to find.


I ate at the Bamboo Restaurant again yesterday afternoon, and had pho ba (chicken soup), as well as some fried rice with chicken and egg. Good food, great service.

Upon arriving at home last night I updated yesterday's post with photos, some spelling corrections, and then I fell asleep, exhausted; I'd spend over an hour each of the last two days doing some sort of exercise.

I'll write today's post immediately after this one, with any luck. I continue to be tired by the time I get to writing in the afternoon/evening. I've also contracted something of a cold, a sore throat being the primary symptom. Prayer will be appreciated for both my physical and spiritual well-being. See you in the next one.


!Noah!

No comments: