May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

I really don't have a lot to say today. Hopefully, though, it'll mean more than the pixels they're projected on for our live veterans. They're one of the greatest reasons I can blog as I do now. They protect our homeland from those who would hurt us. If it weren't for them, through the centuries, brave men and women puting themselves in places where the life to come was merely one hesitation away, a tiny misstep. For those who did die, for the protection of our country, and good around the world, I salute you. I cannot begin to know or describe the amount you have done that allows me to be where I am now. Now that I think about it, we in this generation are likely squandering the treasure they have given us shamefully. We have the greatest liberty of any country on Earth. While we live, let us guard it, let us treasure it, and not sell it for anything. Let us spread it around the world, to countries whose citizens would be awed by the amount we are permitted, nay, encouraged to do.

Our freedom is much more precious than what we can do with it, because of those who died for it. Wasting it is, by extension, wasting the blood of our former countrymen.

God Bless America. (by the way, yes, that is my handwriting in the header now. Kudos to some Wikipedian, also, for the SVG of the flag.)

*UPDATE* For posterity, the Memorial Day banner from yesterday.



!Noah!

No comments: