August 20, 2008

They used to KNOW how to make games...

In recent days, I've become more and more obsessed with a game I've already played before...no, none of you Islasers are likely to have played it, if I know anything.

It's called XGalaga. And this later revision of it just adds a little modifier on the end. Hyperspace.

For your retro-entranced pleasure, here are some screenshots from the later levels of that I've been able to get to. Also, if I'm correct, this is the farthest I've ever gotten in XGalaga.

Oh, bother. I just got bored and decided to just give you people the link to the album.

The Album which really won't end all albums.

OH. What I forgot to mention is that this game is ONLY available for Linux. So, for those who actually have Ubuntu, you can, I think, download XGalaga and XGalaga: Hyperspace (you have to get both...not my fault) with the regular, simple 'ol package manager. For those on Windows (thus unable to get or play this game...)... I pity you.


Sincerely,
Your conveniently located expert on couch potatoing.

No comments: