April 27, 2009

Truth

I've been wanting to write on this for a while, either on Islas, or on here, my beloved 100 (101, now that this post is posted) post blog.

Quite simply, bluntly, and all that good stuff, I don't believe we can know much with absolute certainty. I think, therefore, I am? Sure. There isn't a whole lot else. God exists? Let me get back to you on that one.

What I'd say truth is is something you'd bet your life, as well as the lives of every man, woman, and child on the planet on. The existence of God would be an especially good one to do. If you found that God didn't exist, as far as I know, it wouldn't matter, because all value placed in human life, as well as morality, etc, etc, etc, comes from Judeo-Christian values.

I've thought a bit about what I'd do if I found out, with absolute certainty, that God does not exist. First, I'd research other religions profusely for decades on end...
Well, actually, I don't really want to talk about what I'd do if God didn't exist.

Anywho. I hope I got that across well. Basically, we have tons of beliefs, but I think only what we believe with such absolute certainty that you'd trust everyones' lives on it are anywhere near being known as true. Whether or not something actually is true is a lot harder to imagine.

Now I feel like I'm undermining the whole Christian movement by doing this. Augh.

If you have any questions, comments, or tirades against me, feel free to drop by the comments...section...thingy.

Tiredly,


!Noah!

No comments: