April 26, 2009

The Play

Ok. Most of you probably didn't know this, but my family went to a showing of the Taming of the Shrew last night, preformed by CB Productions. Ok.
In all seriousness...
I loved it. Enough that I had the crazy impulse, at this time, to use seventy-two point print to say it. Really. It was mind-blowingly epic. Really, I find it sad that my readers, but, more specifically, my closer friends, won't see that specific version of it. It was incredibly funny, throughout, and it was yet incredibly serious and fantastically politically incorrect. To tell the truth, its political incorrectness startled me, at one or more points. I loved it. I loved it. I loved it.
I guess I kind of left this out, but all of the actors were under the age of nineteen. Only one or two were as young as thirteen. It was inspiring, funny, and serious, all at once, without its quality being decreased at all.
The fact that there are no more showings after today of that show, with those actors...is remarkably saddening. I really wish I went earlier, so I could have told you earlier, and seen it again.

For once, emotionally,


!Noah!

2 comments:

katie said...

hi noah! I saw that exact showing too, and my feelings are exactly the same as yours...I regret that it is now over and I can't see it again. :( In fact, I loved it so much that I was dreaming about it last night! Crazy! The acting was just so good and the jokes were just so funny and I was so blown away that the kids were only teenagers! It's insane.
p.s. Maybe you don't even know who I am...it's katie from carpooling :p

Иơαħ said...

Yay! Nice to know I've got another reader!


!Noah!