December 25, 2008

Hit the Sack?!

Ok, so I've left you alone for nearly ten days. I feel ashamed. Nonetheless, I have more than an adjective-beriddled apology.

Yes, it's true. I only wake up to alarms on Christmas Day. For months recent, my talent in this admirable ability has decreased to near nil, so that, in recent days, you wouldn't find me out of bed until after ten, at least. 

My solution? I have none. 

But I do sort of have some advice when it comes to waking up to your alarms. I think it might actually work without your alarms. Actually, all that should be in the first person, as I've only had one friendly confirmation which wasn't overly clear. Anyhow.

How I usually go about it is to anticipate the next day. If I don't, as would happen on a school day, I'm only up once the Sun's almost half ready to hit the sack. Then, when I wake up, the clock looks nice and kind to you (me). Er, excuse me. It looks like you just hit a brick wall. Meaning a clock pointing sort of down instead of sort of to the right makes people want to hit the sack even harder, with diminished hope of actually doing the sack any harm.

...

This is the one reason why I really hate starting to watch movies in the late afternoon to early evening.

Oh. Some other news. I finished Ender's Game a while ago, then Ender's Shadow more recently, and I'm hacking away at Shadow Puppets. I think this order is reasonable and good, so far as I've gone. I actually like Ender's Shadow more than Ender's Game...but I think this is mainly because Ender's Game had an ending which was sort of blearily depressing. (refer to The Light at the End of the Tunnel for a totally worthless analogy)

Now that I think a little more, I like Ender's Shadow more than, so far, Shadow Puppets.
Oh, yes. There is a fairly large dose of bad language scattered throughout the series, but I think Ender's Shadow had the most.

The writing is really good, the plot is really good, but I sort of don't get why he's writing more after the, hem, guys are defeated. It's sort of like they mopped the floor of the little dirt, but there are some big boulders every here and there, and they don't have the dynamite yet.

I had some id...Oh. Yeah. I think I'll be posting sooner after this than before...

Oh, well. Merry Christmas! And Happy New Year, soon enough!


!Noah!

No comments: