April 09, 2010

Likeness

The wilderness have I searched,
and the wastes of mankind have I wandered,
yet have I found one equal, one similar?
No, the wastes have I searched,
and few waste were not, that I found.

What then? Did I do this?
Did I make such uniqueness?
Fool! How could you have?
You pride yourself too much in yourself.

But how, O Lord?
How can I search anything BUT the dump?
Or how may I scour the gold I know?
Shall I look for you where only you can be found?

Lord, three have desired, and one have I dreamed of,
is this dream a foolishness?
Do I count myself more influential and persuasive than I am?
Could this dream, this horror, become a true and real wonder?

So hard would it be, Lord...
why do I look for difficulty,
when I have nothing else?

Let me learn from my faults, Lord;
show me where I erred, so I may correct.
You know why arithmetic so troubles me.
Reveal my fault!


!Noah!

No comments: