April 21, 2010

Dear Reader,

Were I the type to use expletives, I'd utilize a couple here. Please understand that it is only on rather infrequent occasions that this happens. Perhaps once a week. But to the point.

Cogitans se ad Mortem is now MORE THAN TWO YEARS OLD!

Important? No. I FORGOT IT?! Yes.

Aye, it appears that, 17 days more than two years ago, I began a slow and inconsistent journey with no set destination...and I still don't know where I'm going with this!

Anywho. I've got a new idea for a story, I think I might continue After the Tree Falls, but, for reasons unrevealed, the continued production of Ketchup has become mind-bogglingly difficult. Ok, to be honest, I'm just gonna tell you.

Ketchup is a story meant to mirror the events of my life, mainly on the romantic side of things. Just about everything else is imaginative and barely-inspired fiction. The main problem with this? Jack doesn't have any parents! This seems, to me, to be the biggest problem right now. His parents were killed somehow a few years ago...and so he doesn't have any!

Why, you might ask, do I need him to have parents?

Well, somehow or other, my parents have played some role in my romantic dealings throughout my life. Dealing with the difference between Jack and I on that level seems something too big to overcome.

So, I seem to have two choices: to continue Ketchup like I started, ignoring the fact that my parents played such a huge role there... (also might introduce parent-esque characters...unlikely, though), OR I'll continue Ketchup, placing much less emphasis on making it true to my life.

I'm open to suggestions, but on to the rest of things.

First, my idea for the new story. There is this guy...I think I named him Neville, at some point (after the chap in Harry Potter), who ends up, by means not important, in a coma (definition of coma being, for this instance, he's able to hear, but not react, in any way, to his surroundings. Can't see...I think I'll let him feel). He's got a girlfriend who literally doesn't leave his side (most of the time). Also, there'd be a nurse, who I've decided will be a right crazy nut. I think I'll leave you to wonder what happens in the end, but, now that I think about it, I wonder whether it's too predictable. Try predicting, I guess. I'd be glad to find out if it is.

Oooook. So, Ketchup may be dead, AttF might live, and a story might be begun whose title I think I might have thought of. Anywho.

Thoughts? Slaps? Worried looks?


!Noah!

3 comments:

Lillian Taylor said...

I quite honestly detest the name Neville, but aside from that...

It sounds interesting =P

Erin said...

It occurs to me to wonder if the crazy nut nurse is me.
^_^

Иơαħ said...

Nah, actually. Hadn't even thought of you there...but now that you mention it...


!Noah!