November 18, 2009

Because I've Said I'm a Photographer of Sorts...

I decided to give you the best examples I have of my photography...I think I'll start with the most ancient.
I'd like it to be known that I've got significantly more pictures than I'll EVER post here. Most likely, those I really like are probably a minute fraction of all of them. (I may have taken as many as twenty thousand photos since I got my Canon SD1000, which was in mid-2008, I think.)


Bleeding Heart
This picture, though grainy, comparatively tiny, and, to my photographing eye of today, rather distasteful, won me fifty dollars in a kids' photography contest. Nikon Coolpix 2300. (To put this in perspective, this is the highest resolution that this camera could do. Mine can do more than twice the dimensions...even greater shock? The Coolpix could do video...but no audio. That ticked me off.)


Columbine
This picture has graced Mommy's laptop for years. It is not mine to say whether that's because she didn't have the time to, didn't care, or liked it so much. Same camera.

This encompassed merely the earliest best attempts I made at photography...from this point on, chronology will shatter.


A picture of a leaf I actually still have now...I was bored, after Government class, or something, and started taking pictures of stuff. That's the best way to do things...I managed to get a nice shadow from the early sunlight, which gave a slight, yet nice effect. (This, and pictures following, except when mentioned, were taken with Sparks, my new(er) Canon Powershot SD780.)

A leaf. Not particularly beautiful, but it's nicely focused.

The cap of a manhole, also after Government class (if I was right the first time). I really like the color of rust in pictures like this...the shadows also give it a cool quality.

Not quite as green as I'd like it, even after Picasa's "Feeling Lucky?" function. Still, it brought out some reds that weren't so obvious before. Almost looks like Christmas. (I've done this function on a majority of these pictures...only a few not, in fact.)

Another leaf following some class.

Another leaf, this time, though, probably within twenty feet of our house. (pretty sure about that, anyway) One of my best dewy pictures.

Gah. I wish I could tell you what all these are, but I can't. Another leaf, mainly on here because of the good focus. (Actually, that's probably one of the greatest reasons you'd see a picture in this bunch...that's probably one of the qualities I value most in pictures, except when you're I'm trying to make it blurry. )

That leaf again. Aside from "I'm Feeling Lucky," this picture is entirely unedited. (I thought this might be unclear...the tip of the leaf looks distinctly unnatural.)

Dew on a leaf. Not sure what the plant is. I'll bet Gabriel will be quite willing to oblige, if you want to know.

More dew on a different leaf. This one's of a quality I seldom achieve, and I really like it. Kind of a dark background with a decidedly light subject.

A flower...taken, again, after a class.

I'm mildly surprised how sharp this picture is. You can actually see reflections on the right of the droplet. Amazing.

Dew by the dozen. One of my best, when it comes to dew and focus.

Not sure if this one's fantastically focused, but it's one of my favorite flowers, though it be milkweed.

Another great dew picture. *loves it*

Another leaf. Kinda different. Again, I really like how focused it is.

Nice reflections and foreground/background blur.

A flower...this is one of my best pictures of flowers that I know of.

Next to dew on grass is, obviously, frost on grass. Not sure if it's better or slightly worse, but it's close.

Again, different view.

Bark of a tree. One of the angles/compositions I've done more often.

A leaf with the sun showing through...

More frost, this time on a leaf.

Another of my better flower photos.

Another fantastic photo of a leaf, I think...

Grass thingy. Epic.

Not sure where this was taken...

(This one I think I may have done "I'm Feeling Lucky" twice on...not bad, if you want that look, but not exactly what I wanted here...)

Yahoo, something disgusting, finally!

Another flower...I think I haven't done "I'm Feeling Lucky" on it...

Again, these are only pictures from, say, the last two months. I have WAY more to show. Enjoy!

*EDIT* Hah, yeah. I guess Sparks is the only camera I used for that last bunch.


!Noah!

5 comments:

Lillian Taylor said...

Oooooooooooooh, lovely pictures, Noah! Even the fly. :D I love all the pictures!

...Would you mind if I set one of the pictures as my desktop background? (:

Иơαħ said...

Yes! Please do! I only ask that, if you distribute it, or are asked about it, that you tell them, clearly, that it was I who took it...you don't really have to mention my name, or anything...I just want my work credited, even if it becomes effectively viral. *probably wouldn't know if it would...*


!Noah!

Lillian Taylor said...

Thank you!! ^_^

I certainly will say you took it if I show it to anyone. (:

Anonymous said...

Bloodroot.

Anatole said...

Great pictures, Noah! I like the dew ones and the first milkweed.