June 03, 2010

The Human Spirit


To be honest, I'm just sad this person beat me to it.

The human spirit is an amazing thing. Take John McCain, for example. I wouldn't be the first person to look to for specific anecdotes (especially from him), but he survived intense torture and permanent injury despite the fact that he was offered a chance out, given his family's fame. Why would he do this? Why would any human sustain themselves through such torture?

The human spirit is made in the image of God's spirit, and, if you think about it, God's endured a lot on our behalf. There's the torture Jesus endured as a human, but there's also the fact that we still simply exist. If God hadn't planned from the beginning of the world to reconcile some of the human race to himself, there would simply be no purpose in our continued existence.

To put it another way, God is enduring torture right now.


That said, I think it's obvious where I'm going, and such. God's spirit is the source of the human spirit. The enduring love for us has let us live, and our enduring love to live has let most of us survive to this day. I think there's a direct connection.


!Noah!

No comments: