June 09, 2009

AHERN WEDS BERTILSON, FIRST TIME HIS ELDER!

Not surprisingly, our President, John R. Ahern, couldn't resist to attend this year's Islas Dance. Also, his eyes were unavoidably attracted to the eldest Bertilson. Within minutes, they had been wed, tin-foil rings on their fingers. Miss Starrett, Ahern's previous bride, was heartbroken at this event. "Most of the Islas population now see their mistake in the wedding of my sister to Mr. Ahern. He simply can't seem to make up his mind. First Miss. Blake. Then, just when they'd settled into their fifty-acre property, Ahern stole off in the middle of the night and married Miss Starrett. Now he's taken my sister."

Miss Bertilson, many assume, is the third in a long, long line of young Islas women who will end up bride to Mr. Ahern. It is with only minor doubt that we have never had such a president ever before, in the whole long history of Islas.

"Mr. Ahern's behavior is, at best, weird. I wouldn't hesitate to predict in a mildly certain manner that Mr. Ahern will soon be the groom and husband to all the young women on Islas. If you think this is not something at least worth avoiding, please. Just please. Don't pretend you don't know what I mean."

Mr. Ahern turned down Mr. Bertilson's merely procedural, yet hearty congratulations in a conservedly annoyed way. One can only assume he has already tired of his recent bride.

Miss Blake was not queried, but Miss Starrett was let alone until such time as she could collect her wits.

UPDATE: Miss Starrett's comments:

"I really feel used, more than anything. Deceived, hurt. Heartbroken. It took me days to get over the initial incident with the marriage being declared void... But then, finding that that was a lie? That I was still married? I feel like someone has pulverized me.
Also... I'm suffering severe doubt thanks to Mr. Ahern. That I was lied to by my fiancee is just...mind shattering, or something. How can I be sure everyone else is telling the truth now?
Basically, I think that ISLAS is very, very unsafe if these are the kind of people we put our trust in.
Polygamy? Disgusting. Lying? Atrocious. Not knowing how to tango? Absolutely inexcusable."

Your undyingly faithful reporter,


!Noah!

5 comments:

Sarah J. said...

*grins*

What a wedding. I never knew an ISLAS president could be so scandalous. :-P

Erin said...

I'm shocked!
How could John so quickly leave me? You saw all those hearts above his head! He has a heart of stone. Yet, often, a heart of stone makes a great leader.
Long Live John Ahern!

Ruthie said...

Your devotion is moving, Erin. ..but am I now to believe that Gina's married?

The Tolkienist said...

The girls, I think, are doomed. So sorry. Now the speculations begin: How long will she last? and Who's next?

Lillian Taylor said...

Oh, my, I had no idea this happened! How could I miss that? :-o