March 25, 2009

Belated Post 2 of (freaky infinity symbol I'm too lazy to copy from the previous post)

Ok. I have officially wickedly not posted for a full, generic, everyday, normal week. That is bad, if you hadn't guessed or deduced or something. I'm just going, I think, to rant on about how lazy and procrastinatory I can manage to be, but first, I need to let you people know that, even now, my mind is bubbling over with ideas to do for the next strip. However, I can assure you the punchline is more than likely to be boring, at best.

Oook. Now that I've got that out, I might as well write something. Oh, yes. My totally useless commentary on, uh, what should I call it? Intuition? Could be something else, but, anyway.

Now. If I said I was going to give you the next strip of the comic (find it interesting that, so far, I haven't officially given it a name?), you'd expect something. Naturally. You might find Jack in a hospital. You might find a worthless, book-long epitaph that doesn't honor the poor dude in the least. That's a little far from what I think you'd expect, but you do expect something.
On the other hand, if I was going to pour applesauce on my keyboard, you'd either expect me to have replaced my keyboard with a prop or something...or I might be taking revenge on the demonic periphiral.
Basically, my point is, from experience, humans learn to expect an effect when they supply a cause. Eventually, we're so good at it that we can go months or even years without stubbing our toes.

...

Anyway, I hope you got my point. I think it's probably unhealthy for my writing skills, to have not written for seven days on end.

You also might be interested to know I'd rather like the comic to become something much more humorously driven than its, uh, origin, the story. I may be a worthless self-criticizer, but Ketchup was kinda tasting the dust, in preparation for biting it. I really hope the comic can do better. I'm actually kind of running out of ideas for the comic. If you have any, feel free to put them in the comments. Oh, and if the "Vague Rebuts" naming thing has thrown ANYONE off, I'd kind of, almost, maybe like to change it back to comments. On the other hand, maybe I won't.

Yours continuously, deceptively, and ridiculously,


!Noah!

No comments: