January 25, 2014

I'd Like you To Know...

This is a bit of information/background for those of you who don't know.

So here are yesterday's developments.

Manager at Annie's Parlor will be giving his supervisor a full recommendation for me and assured me that when they begin ramping up their staff for the patio season, I'd be at the top of the list. (gives me goosebumps to be validated that much)

My general manager at McDonalds, literally fifteen minutes later, after a short conversation, asks me if I want to join the management team there.

Bullet points one and two cause me to pause and thank God for his goodness and grace. I definitely don't deserve this, and it's really incredible to finally have to choose between eager parties rather than be eager to have a party to choose.

Wow. Just wow. The manager at Annie's in particular sort of wowed me. While I did sort of impress with a good suit and tie and greatcoat fashion as some will know me for, I can't really think what else I did that would make him that impressed with me. I'm downright curious. XD

My general manager at McDonalds, on the other hand...there's a similar sort of mild confusion going on; I don't necessarily know why they want me to be a manager; I can't see myself easily becoming a great manager, and I don't think I see a ton of great manager potential in my current work. Maybe I'm a bit blindsided or whatever. I might not personally be seeing the whole picture, or understanding everything.

To make a good day better, I spent a mere 15-30 minutes at the DMV getting my license renewed. Hardly any line.

It was also snowing, so I managed to get my greatcoat rather white-looking walking between bus stops on the way home.

Thank you Lord.

My decision is leaning toward staying at McDonalds and receiving what seems to be nearly legendary training in management. It seems to me an excellent opportunity, and management training from almost anyone else would probably be simply ignored on a resume. On the other hand, Annie's is like one of my favorite places on Earth.

Maybe next year. *shivers*

Thanks for all your prayers and stuff, guys. I appreciate it.


!Noah!

No comments: