March 02, 2011

Most Everything That Ever Happened To Me

Personally, I'll really rejoice at 19, but what the heck. Legally, I'll be an adult. That's got to count for something.

I prefer the prime oddity of nineteen to the multiplicative simplicity of 18. (18 = 2*3*3, while 19 is just 19...plus, it's a bigger prime than 17. Just in case you were wondering.)

Well. It's been nice. I liked my 12th and 16th birthdays more, I think...but it was just because of the numbers. I'm not going to hit any really awesome numbers for a while, so I decided to like 19. But gosh, I babble mindlessly.

Well, life is good. The Humble Indie Bundle 2 has livened up my life, and I got a Wacom Tablet. I broke my leg, healed it, went back to Taekwondo, and sometime in the last 365 days, I do believe I got myself a white, yellow, and gold belt. Orange is next.

I tried and failed to get myself a new, awesome computer, and yet I still like using/manhandling the things. I got a webcam perhaps a year, perhaps more ago...I'm a senior this year, and Student Senate is no less fun than ever. I wish I could take it again.

I'm taking two acting classes this year. One, improv, is by Carla. As usual. Also, I'm taking Acting II, also by Carla. On the whole, Carla is my acting teacher. Also, she's awesome. That reminds me, I need to add her as someone who inspires me on Facebook. Yes, she does. Or you do, if you actually end up reading this.

I have friends. Not a lot of guys, granted, but the friends I have, I love...and people are awesome even if they're not my friends.

Counting my crushes has failed in every way, shape, and form. Basically, I really like a lot of girls I see on a regular (or even irregular) basis. If you happen to be one of these girls, you won't know it, but be patient anyway. I'm not a great talker, but I can listen if I meet a good babbler.

But what the heck. It's not about me. God is good. To add an superlative word on that would simply indicate that there is an upper limit, a ceiling, to God's goodness. That'd be pretty dumb to say, then, eh? God is awesome, too. And merciful, and he's got a sense of humor. Sometimes it's hard to see, sometimes I'm left wondering what just happened, but, every now and then, I've just laughed at the irony of what we're doing in the world God gave us.. I can't remember the particulars, but I can assure you he's a funny guy. Which, on the whole, amounts to an awesome guy.

On the downside, I'm not currently using Linux. Also, Gina and Gregory are rooting for watching Doctor Who tonight. While I don't really mind while I'm watching, for some reason I don't enjoy it beforehand. Whatever.

Raising Hope is awesome. A bit on the less appropriate side of things, but still hilarious without fail. I'm probably getting a replacement for Quivie (whose name...and spirit...shall go on with me), and hopefully I'm going to get a new Flickr Pro, for mine'll die any day  now.

I got more orange T-shirts, too! I don't have to worry about shirt and pants parting company anymore! They're so lonnnggg. It's nice. Yeah. I got a hat, too, which you may already know. I can babble, if given the chance. Nice, Noah, nonsequitor.

My monitor's still alive! My gosh, this thing is the best! I still haven't named it, either! Maybe something awesome...like...uhhhhh...Snape? No, a bit too common. Something elsseeee. Uhhh. Something faithful! Semper fidelis doesn't really work, however much I'd like it...maybe...maybe someone who WAS faithful! Oh! Ummm! No! Not her! Uhhhh, dang! Who! Who! Who! Augh! Fail! Well, I'll think of it later.

OOOH! My gosh! I went to Montana and Wyoming and saw wild horses! And I stood atop a mountain, saw the world from on high...I saw miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles...and it still seemed very good. I took about 5000 pictures or so. Maybe only 2000. Something like that. I got to use Grandpa's Lieca, which proved a good experience. I didn't like its controls too much, but whatever.

My camera was irreparably damaged in the crash, and Quivie took a really, really heavy penny to her back (that is to say, I had a penny in my pocket, and I somehow landed on it with her under it. Thus, her display's shot). Daddy awfully kindly replaced my camera, and I've used it like I always do.

I got an ID, finally. I still don't have a drivers' permit, license, or anything.

CityLife is pretty awesome. We can hardly fit these days when we do communion. (we make a bigggg huggggee circle around the place, facing inward, and pass the toast and fluids around. Rather joyously, at last encounter.) I'd say we have a good chance of bursting our borders within the year.

The Shavers are awesome, however little I've actually gotten to socialize with them. I've finally taken up the admirable habit of offering piggyback rides to the fine youngsters available.

Oh, Daddy got a Kindle, and I thus read P.G. Wodehouse's A Damsel in Distress and Three Men and A Maid. Both awesome. Going for Uneasy Money, too. I'll try Crime and Punishment once I grow a backbone.

I'm exercising fairly regularly, my leg is almost back to normal, and my zits are wreaking havoc on my visage. I think I'll go into some medieval battle just to get a big scar across my face so I'll have something better to show for having lived this long.

I've taken a freaking lot of photos, I've written a lot of unfinished stories, and I'm currently trying to revive Ketchup. I may fail, I may not.

I watched Back to the Future recently. A good movie, I think. Not, perhaps, enough humor (for my taste), but a good movie on the whole.

I broke my laser. See you on the other side! (I'll probably write again before the momentous day, but it's tata by any official standard)

Finally, don't touch my graph.




!Noah!

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

I'm sure you've already noted this, but nineteen is the closest number to orange.

=)