January 05, 2010

The Whole Shebang



Really. If you're looking for something light and easy to get through, look elsewhere. I have more than a hundred pictures (including only a few of the previous post's contents) that I'm going to post in this post.


LOTS.

AND LOTS.

AND LOTS.

Anywho. Due to the rather greater number of photos, I'll only be commenting occasionally. Actually, I'll probably end up delaying this post a few days and thoroughly commenting on them all. Just wanted you to know.


Syrafoam. Or however it's supposed to be spelled. I was coming home from Colorado and adventure to Minnesota, home, and boredom. Ok, not that bad, but, still.

NOTICE: this might not be my photo. My siblings had an annoying tendency, with my previous camera, the Powershot SD1000, to grab it and take it off somewhere. Due to this, I can't be absolutely sure that every single one of these is my picture. However, unless I'm unsure, I will not mention it at all in following pictures. In other words, only the ones that might not be mine will have annoying notices that waste your time reading, and not looking.

I rotated this one (might have posted it on my earlier post), so it could better be used as a wallpaper (I'm submitting, I think, all of these pictures, perhaps more, to the Ubuntu Wallpaper Contest...yahoo!)

Supposing the quality of this picture is no less at 1600x1200 than it is at this resolution, 640x480, this is probably my best Morning Glory photo ever.

Our room door in California. (oh, darn, yeah, that's where we were, not Colorado...)

Fairly recent short of a pitcher of water. I put Quivie underneath set to lamp and took a bunch of these photos with exposure set to -2. Totally awesome, in some of them. (a few more later on)

I somewhat regret that the flower isn't entirely on the frame of this picture, but the sharpness and color are simply some of the best I've ever gotten. I also kind of wish there could have been sun at that time, especially if it were of the morning.

I think I've posted this before...I just took a picture of one of those awesome, fuzzy grass thingys. Nice focus.

I hate to say this, but I don't know what this is. The potential ridicule I'd receive for saying what I think it is, but it (probably) isn't...is enough to stop me. Har har.

Again, I regret having double "I'm Feeling Lucky"'d this. Blah. Kinda nice, though.

I often find it sad that there isn't a way to have the whole of a rather bulgy flower in focus. Perhaps I should have taken two photos in order to get both of 'em. Yikes, I should try that...

Again. Nice color, but I haven't fiddled with it in the GIMP or anything to brighten it up or anything. I might or might not have done that to various ones in following pictures (and preceding ones, to be overly inclusive...).

I keep asking myself whether that looks real or not. Well, it is. That strawberry is now, in whatever way, a part of me. No, I couldn't have said anything better about it.

Powderhorn Lake, near our house. This shot is probably the best I've got of it. Oh! That reminds me! I'll add the panorama I did of Powderhorn at the end of this post. Gonna be big...

Edited majorly. However, this shot was pretty epic even before I Gimped it. Oh. It's ice cubes. Same place as the pitcher, same light source. I've discovered rather more thoroughly that light makes the picture by using Quivie for it...I'll have to do it more.

The light, the focus, perhaps even the composition of this photo just make me gulp. If you say that's an ineffective thing to say, seriously, I did just gulp when I scrolled down to this picture.

This is another photo I wonder whether I took...but, I assure myself, NONE of my siblings could have! So I rest assured. Again, lovely.

I think, perhaps, I shouldn't have enhanced the color on this one so much. It's a good picture, but perhaps better if it looks a tad drearier than this does now. Anywho.

Better. The greens aren't so bright. I don't really know which one I like better, as original photographs, but this one has perspective, which kinda rocks a lot.

Small cliffish thing in Wyoming, if I remember correctly.

Again...different angle

Probably still in Wyoming, but a different rest stop. Maybe even a gas station, but I don't think I'd get out for that.

Wo. Is that upside-down? No way! I couldn't have done a 180 just for kicks!

Moss. Or lichen. On a rock.

I have NO idea what that is, but I got a good picture of it! (actually, that could apply to a good majority of my plant/flower/whatever photos)

For some reason, I felt like examining a telephone pole rather closely. Actually, it might not be a telephone pole. Oh, well.

Blah. Not great. Just tiny.

On the Salt Flats. Lots 'o salt, and awful flat.

SALT! *choke*

One 'o them whatchamading holes. Hamster? Chinchilla? Prairie dog! Yikes, my memory's not what it used to be.

A small pool of water, that's all. Probably amazingly salty, too.

I just hate how blurry that is. Even though it's hardly blurry at all.

Coming home from Cold Stone, as I recall. (yikes, my memory's got quick attitude changing)

Nice picture of some grass stuff having LIGHT fry it alive. Er. Dead.

Almost cliche.

Why did I submit this one? That's never gonna win.

PersPECKtive.

I can't understand why I didn't use/know about this picture more/sooner.

Gravel. And the Blakes' ATV. (awesome transportation vehicle)

Clover. Aga...wait. Is that clover? Anyway. Again...wait. I forgot what I was going to say.

My microphone. I haven't found a good use for it yet, but it's nice to have something that looks more like a microphone than a cheese stick.

Pretty colors!

Italian soda, I think. Root beer. Bubbles. Droplet thingys?

Pretty colors STRIKE BACK!

Return of the Pretty Colors? Don't got no RING anymore.

Bubbles and droplets again. Dunno if it's better. I advise you don't try to comment on over a hundred pictures at one time, like I am.

Again. OH! Droplets on the outside! Dude, that does look pretty epic.

Pretty colors return of the strike back! Nah, that doesn't work too well...

Coolness. Nah, it's probably over seventy.

Comments, from this point on, are certified insane, because I'm trying to get more than half of them done before midnight.

I love macro.

I wish I'd focused on the cards instead of the table, but it's sharp...and kinda abstract. Oh, well.

A daisy? Really, I wouldn't know. Not my favorite picture of a flower, by a long shot.

ORANGE. I'd say 'nuff said, but I don't particularly like that specific colloquialism.

Not sure whether this is a new (not posted yet) picture of milkweed, but it's probably one of my best.

Bleeding Hearts. Nice focus, but it's not as well-composed as the one that won me 50 dollars. Oh, well.

This one's probably the best-composed, focussed, and colored one of this specific milkweed that I've got. Yay.

Pretttyyy!

I"M GONNA STRAAANNNNGGLLLEE YOU!

Lovely. There's a sense in which it would be harder to describe it with more words, and a way in which it's harder to describe it with one word. Either way, lovely.

Nice foreground/background focus contrast. Nice colors.

Yay unfocused foreground! Or whatever! Anyway.

Another pretty good morning glory shot.

Drop on a leaf. Niicee. I've probably done "I'm Feeling Lucky" on a lot of these ones.

Again...nice angle.

Great brightness. Maybe a tad too great.

Dewy and dull violetish. Coolio.

HIGH CONTRAST!

Fudgemuffin, my dear droplet, fudgemuffin.

GAH! These things are tiny, for those of you who weren't aware. I think probably about an eighth of an inch each. Nahhh. A sixteenth. (see? I deal only in powers of two!)

In some ways, unopened morning glories are just as pretty as opened ones.

Mostly the good focus that earned this one a place on the list.

*CHOMP*

Different angle on a morning glory unopened. Agree with me?

They kinda look mildly scarred. Weird. I never use flash on flowers.

Another of that weird one. *shrug*

Ditto.

A sort of...seed holder thing for one of the flowers here. A little loose with the brightness, aren't we, Noah?

NICE FOCUS, Noah. Sunlight's not a bad effect, either.

Ah! Here's the flower of the aforementioned seed dingamabob.

Morning Glory. I wish I could have the whole thing in focus at an angle, again...

TINY, again.
See? Those are average blades of grass! Told you so!

Holy cow, Noah, careful with that macro!

Perspective!

Notice the AWESOME focus on that leaf to the leftish.

Do I have to say anything? As long as you're not blind, and have read a couple books, you can come up with plenty of adjectives to describe this beauty.

Say no more!

Wiltin', but beautiful!

This shot was taken on a whim while about half a dozen people were calling my name from the opposite direction for reasons I can no longer remember. Again, I'll just not say anything. Strangely enough, I was thinking I took this mere seconds after asking a girl to dance. Thinking about it more, I doubt it.

Rainy day, time to spare, and a swing set to accumulate the former. Yahoo.

Another...

THE AWESOME ONE...I need to quit doing that.

Nice reflection, good focus. Great for abstraction.

FOCUS.

CONCENTRATE.

Losing it. Darn.

Not bad. Different angle. Sorta harder to see what you're seeing. Or I'm seeing. Shut up, Noah.

This one's kinda cool in a way the others aren't. FIGURE IT OUT.

Specifically thought the folks down at Ubuntu (or would it be up? Hmm) would like this one. Non-epic focus, but great...subject...

YAY SNOW.

Frost!

PRETTY FLOWER.

Again. Maybe better shot.

Frost again. From above, this time.

FOCUS! YAY!

I think the focus could conceivably be criticized, but the subject, contrast, colors, and almost everything else make up for it easily.

Probably one of my best

A...I'm not even going to guess.

Gah, why am I still commenting? some of these are from the previous post!

REPETITION!

Sharp, dullish. Whatever.

AGAIN! Repeated.

Again. *glare*

YAY! ORIGINALI...holy cow...wait a MINUTE.

Oh, well. Crazy endeavors like this always end up whacking out in whatever way. Well, anyway, that's just about it. Just a few more.

A different picture of that leaf. I think I posted it last time. Fail.

More of Quivie's light! Yay!

I don't usually have the scroll wheel light on. Lovely blue. Irritatingly bright.

My table number in the Government exam time.

More of Quivie's light. I hate that I thought of this only when we decided to leave the resteraunt.

A saucer with one of Gregory's rubber bands in it. Blaaah.

ORANGE ORANGES.

I messed with the contrast/brightness of this one, but I still want to erase the lights. Blah.

AND FINALLY! THE LEAST AWESOME LAKE IN THE UNITED STATES GETS PANORAMA'D! YAHOO!




I just took this and composed it in Canon's panorama thing...and it's pretty thumpin' good, if I'm any good judge.

Well, I can honestly say that 1. Took a long time. 2. Was fun. 3. it will hopefully not make my blog a BAJILLION pixels long for a long time. Anyway. I hope you enjoy it, and feel free to use any of my pictures in any non-commercial pursuit, as long as you attribute the credit to me! In other words, yeah, feel free to make these your wallpapers for decades on end, as long as you let anyone know (who asks) that a weirdo called NOAH BERTILSON in MINNESOTA spent much of his sweat and blood making it. Anyway. I hope you enjoyed it!

Soli deo gloria!


!Noah!

10 comments:

Stella said...

Nice pictures! I especially like the last one, panorama. Very beautiful. The purple aster has already graced my desktop! :D

Lillian Taylor said...

Your camera has really, really good macro. And you're an excellent photographer. Are these mostly SOOC? Wow. I love them all!

Иơαħ said...

Actually, probably not. I'd say it's quite likely that more than two thirds of them are edited, mostly by contrast/brightness, or just Picasa's "I'm Feeling Lucky" function. However, I don't really know for sure which ones haven't been edited, and which have. However, I'm pretty sure none of them are edited aside from that...oh, except that ice cubes one. I felt like it needed a sort of darkening edge effect. Or whatever. Anywho.

Thanks!


!Noah!

The Tolkienist said...

Very nice. I really like the Really Blue Ice Cubes In Glass Backlit By Quivie by Noah.

How did you get the water droplets on the plants? It must have taken you ages to do that.

SDG!

Иơαħ said...

Wo, strange preference. Anywho.

I suppose you could say it takes patience, but I don't recall having taken a lot of tries to get these ones...there was one before the purple leaf (with droplets) one, slightly blurry, and I think the droplet on rather wide blade of grass ones are only one of a few...

Anyway. Unless I'm losing sight of what average patience is (I wish), I don't think it took much time/patience to do that.

I think the key to photography, even if you've got a puny, old digital camera (or, GASP, a film camera!) is merely to take tons of pictures. I'm pretty sure I don't have a hundredth of my photos on here, yet. And I haven't even got to the epic ones of people that I've got! (probably not going to be put up here, publicly. I might re-do my more recent album for the trip to Colorado...hmmm)


!Noah!

adrielleroyale said...

I SO want your camera!!!! These are some amazing shots! I love the different angles you shot and how close you were able to get. Gotta love that macro function! Great job cuz it was a true pleasure to scroll through these! :)
Adrielle

adrielleroyale said...

P.S. The open Morning Glory shot is one of the best I've ever seen! And that first purple fuzzy flower with the water droplets on it is now my desktop :) ...And I totally agree with your key to photography thing...take tons of pics to get a few great ones! :) Again, amazing!
Adrielle

Lillian Taylor said...

The bokeh is very dreamy in that one, I think it's my favourite, too. May have one for my background, too? :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Иơαħ said...

Thanks, Adrielle and Lilly! The camera (if you really want it) is the Powershot SD780...however, as of a little while ago, I would have bought the Powershot SD940, which, though slightly thicker and probably more expensive, has roughly the same charactaristics, as well as a wide-angle lens, and a larger screen. (that, though, at the cost of the viewfinder...there is none in the SD940)

Lilly, feel free to use any of the pictures I post on my blog...basically, you only need to credit me wherever credit is due. I think, in fact, that the terms of the Creative Commons license is that you can even use the content of my blog to make a derivative work.

Anyway. Have fun!


!Noah!